To vocalists and publishers, please listen to the samples of some of my songs below, and if you interested in purchasing the sheet music or licensing the song please email me at email@example.com (a sheet music download store will be available soon).
– moving, atmospheric song, grief, positivity, beauty, peace, “There are a couple of surprises: Sophie Bancroft’s exquisite ‘Calgary Bay’ and Todd Rundgren’s ‘Pretending To Care’. Heard back to back , they form an indescribably moving centrepiece.” JAZZWISE reviewing Liane Carroll’s CD ‘Ballads’.
BALLAD – Voice with guitar, double bass and piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/11-calgary-bay
I Would Rather Be Me
– upbeat, cheeky, funny song about being happy with how you are.
“Lyrically too she is on good form, taking on the body fascists with I Would Rather Be Me” SUNDAY HERALD
Bright, 6/8 feel – Voice with Jazz Piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/07-i-would-rather-be-me
Bright, 6/8 feel – Voice with guitar, double bass and accordion: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/02-i-would-rather-be-me
I Carried Your Heart
– moving, heartfelt song about time passing through a life – relationship, children, getting older etc.
“the traditional-sounding I Carried Your Heart conveys a compelling mood of yearning and time passing” FOLK AND ROOTS
“the waltzing I Carried Your Heart’s age-enduring love song, touching on a theme of passing years” NET RHYTHMS
6/8 feel folk song – Voice with guitars, double bass, fiddle and backing vocals: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/04-i-carried-your-heart
Cruel Or Just Kind
– upbeat swing tune, discussing whether someone is being honest and clear.
SMOKEY/SULTRY SWING – Voice with jazz piano, guitar, double bass, drums:http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/03-cruel-or-just-kind-1
HIGH ENERGY SWING – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/04-cruel-or-just-kind
– heartfelt and moving look at the depth of love for one’s home country.
“Home shows evident deep affection for same” FOLK AND ROOTS
FOLK BALLAD/HYMNAL – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/11-home
FOLKY STRAIGHT 8 FEEL – Voice with guitar, piano, fiddle and double bass: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/09-home
– a sad song about the tricky side of communication in a relationship
BALLAD – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/01-this-time
MEDIUM COUNTRY FEEL – Voice with band: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/11-this-time
– atmospheric, eery lullaby
BALLAD – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/03-sleepy-time
– song of longing, being far away from someone
BALLAD – Voice, guitar and bass: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/03-miles-away
BALLAD – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/08-miles-away
– atmospheric, misty, foggy, being involved with someone who keeps their distance.
BALLAD – Voice with jazz piano: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/05-lighthouse-man
BALLAD – Voice with guitar and bass: http://soundcloud.com/sophie-bancroft/09-lighthouse-man