Tues 25th to Thurs 27th July:
CHILDRENS SUMMER WORKSHOP
with tutors Sophie Bancroft (voice, guitar + piano) & Tom Lyne(guitar, bass, drums + theory)
Working across acoustic music genres including folk, jazz and pop
10.30am – 1pm each day, 8 – 14 year olds, in Pathhead, Midlothian at Sophie and Tom’s house, Pathhead, Midlothian.
– Melody + accompaniment
– Instrument proficiency
– Working in a band – communication and arrangements
– Short student concert on last day
Workshop fee: £80. 10% discount per student if 1 or more sibling also attending.
Limited places so book early! Please email Sophie to book
PATHHEAD VOCAL JAZZ WORKSHOP with tutors Sophie Bancroft, Fionna Duncan, Brian Kellock and Tom Lyne
A workshop featuring guest tutors, Fionna Duncan the phenomenal Queen of Jazz, and Brian Kellock, widely regarded as one of the UK’s finest jazz pianists, along with Sophie and Tom. On your time off, why not go and explore the Edinburgh International Fringe Festival, just a 25 minute drive away which runs from the 4th to 28th August.
- Maximum 12 students, master classes (max 4 people with each tutor) plus group work.
• Workshop focus areas: interpretation, phrasing, technique, performance focus, communication with musicians, bass and voice work, and much more.
• Student concert on Sunday 6pm @ The Stair Arms, Pathhead featuring a set from Fionna Duncan & Brian Kellock
• Workshop Location: Pathhead, Midlothian, EH37 5QB
• Travel: Pathhead is a 45 minute bus journey from Edinburgh city centre, and transport from Edinburgh airport to Pathhead (30 minute drive) is easily arranged.
• Monthly payment plan possible
• Workshop fee: £400 includes Sat + Sun lunches, Sat evening meal and merriment chez Sophie, Sun supper at Stair Arms, refreshments and all tuition
• Fantastic B+B accommodation available nearby if required – email Sophie for further info.
• If not paying the monthly payment plan, a non-refundable deposit of £200 is required to secure your place on the workshop and the balance of fee is required by the 28th July 2017 (the balance of fee for cancellations within 14 days of the workshop start date will be non-refundable unless a replacement student can be found). The monthly payments are also non-refundable and your place will be guaranteed once the first payment is made
Please email Sophie to book
THE BIGGER AND BETTER VOCAL JAZZ WORKSHOP IN HASTINGS
with tutors Liane Carroll, Sara Colman and Sophie Bancroft
Featuring additional singing clinics and sunday morning workshop as well as the usual masterclasses, group song and technique work.
In association with the Memorial Art Gallery, Hastings
Tutors concert on Sat 9th Sep – http://www.kino-teatr.co.uk/music
Maximum 12 students, 3 master classes (max 4 people with each tutor) plus group work, singing clinics and technique/warm ups.
Workshop focus areas: interpretation, phrasing, technique, performance focus, communication with musicians and much more.
Informal student concert on Sunday afternoon @ Porters Wine Bar, with students accompanied by Liane and her own trio of Roger Carey and Russell Field.
Venue: Memorial Art Gallery, Hastings
Fee: £465 (includes lunches and refreshments and entry to tutors concert
A non-refundable deposit of £235 is required to secure your place on the workshop and the balance of fee is required by the 1st Sep 2017. (NB the balance of fee for cancellations within 14 days of the workshop start date will be non-refundable unless a replacement student can be found).
CROMARTY VOCAL JAZZ WORKSHOP with tutors Liane Carroll, Fionna Duncan, Sara Colman, Sophie Bancroft & Brian Kellock
- Workshop focus areas include interpretation, phrasing, technique, performance focus, communication with musicians, bodywork and much more.
- Student concert on Sunday afternoon
- Workshop Location and Residential Accommodation in The Old Brewery, Cromarty
- Travel: Cromarty is a 30 minute bus journey from Inverness airport which receives national and international flights, and Inverness station which is on the main east coast line from London
- B+Bs available nearby if required
- Monthly payment plan available
- The residential workshop fees include:
- Free entry to the tutors concert on Thursday evening.
- 2 1/2 days of intensive teaching including group song work, technique, bodywork and 4 masterclasses with each tutor (max 5 students in each masterclass) with a good deal of individual focus time.
- Student concert on Sunday afternoon accompanied by Brian Kellock.
- Accommodation, dinner on Thurs, Fri and Sat, breakfast and lunch on Fri, Sat, Sun and teas/coffees.
- Fun inhouse evenings on the Fri and Sat.
Residential w/ twin room: £620
Non-residential (includes all above except breakfast and accommodation): £535
A non-refundable deposit of £300 is required to secure your place on the workshop and the balance of fee is required by the 6th Mar 2018. (the balance of fee for cancellations within 14 days of the workshop start date will be non-refundable unless a replacement student can be found). Monthly payments on the payment plan are non-refundable.
Email Sophie to book
Please let me know asap if you would like a place on any of these workshops as we fill up quickly!
With best wishes
STUDENT TESTIMONIALS FROM THE HASTINGS, CROMARTY AND MEDITERRANEAN SUMMER SCHOOL WORKSHOPS
Huge thanks to you all for another brilliant weekend. What a team!!! I’ve never been to a health spa, but whatever their claims I can’t believe they come anywhere near the benefits of your workshops. The Heineken effect; you get to the parts that others don’t reach.
Thank you so much, it was a wonderful weekend and I learnt so much – surprisingly emotional too, it felt very cathartic.
I wanted to thank you for such a marvellous course. I got so much out of it and was able to have the confidence to go a little bit further with all the things I find challenging. I love singing so much and interpreting the great songs brings so much emotion as well as bringing you close to some great people. I have always felt hampered by my lack of confidence as a relative newcomer to jazz but I gain something from each course and the skill and manner of the teaching really helped me to be a bit more daring.
Thanks for the kind comments and for all your hard work and very valuable input from all three of you this weekend. I hope it will all help to close the gap between where I am with my singing and where I’d like to be.
Thank you for the weekend, which was inspiring. I have taken many good things away from it, and although it’s too early to say how it will all impact on my singing, or my teaching, one thing I feel absolutely sure of is that it will.
I have to say that for me personally, it was the most terrifying thing I think I have ever done – and I will treasure every second of it in my mind for ever because it has changed me for ever in a way that is extremely growthful and empowering.
Thanks again for a wonderful workshop, it was really inspirational and I cant wait to to start singing again
What great teachers!
I love and look forward to spending time with you all and consider myself hugely privileged to be a participant in your workshops. I learn so much and am keen to have opportunities to put it all into practice.
Thank you both so much for all the help and support you have given me as a singer and as another human being.
You are all such inspiring teachers…