CROMARTY VOCAL JAZZ WORKSHOP with tutors Liane Carroll, Fionna Duncan, Sara Colman, Sophie Bancroft, Tom Lyne & Brian Kellock
- Workshop focus areas include interpretation, phrasing, technique, performance focus, communication with musicians, bodywork and much more.
- Student concert on Sunday afternoon
- Workshop Location and Residential Accommodation in The Old Brewery, Cromarty
- Travel: Cromarty is a 30 minute bus journey from Inverness airport which receives national and international flights, and Inverness station which is on the main east coast line from London
- B+Bs available nearby if required
- Monthly payment plan available
- The residential workshop fees include:
- Free entry to the tutors concert on Thursday evening.
- 2 1/2 days of intensive teaching including group song work, technique, bodywork and 4 masterclasses with each tutor (max 5 students in each masterclass) with a good deal of individual focus time.
- Student concert on Sunday afternoon accompanied by Brian Kellock.
- Accommodation, dinner on Thurs, Fri and Sat, breakfast and lunch on Fri, Sat, Sun and teas/coffees.
- Fun inhouse evenings on the Fri and Sat.
Residential w/ twin room: £620
Non-residential (includes all above except breakfast and accommodation): £535
A non-refundable deposit of £300 is required to secure your place on the workshop and the balance of fee is required by the 6th Mar 2018. (the balance of fee for cancellations within 14 days of the workshop start date will be non-refundable unless a replacement student can be found). Monthly payments on the payment plan are non-refundable.
Email Sophie to book
SINGING RETREATS 2018
I am very excited to announce that I will be leading some singing retreats at the stunning Gartmore House in the Trossach’s National Park:
- Sunday 20th – Friday 25th May 2018
- Friday 7th September – Sunday 9th September 2018
- Sunday 28th October – Friday 2nd November 2018
- Sunday 18th November – Friday 23rd November 2018
- Sunday 9th December – Friday 14th December 2018
Full info and booking contact is here
contact Sophie by email
STUDENT TESTIMONIALS FROM THE HASTINGS, CROMARTY AND MEDITERRANEAN SUMMER SCHOOL WORKSHOPS
Huge thanks to you all for another brilliant weekend. What a team!!! I’ve never been to a health spa, but whatever their claims I can’t believe they come anywhere near the benefits of your workshops. The Heineken effect; you get to the parts that others don’t reach.
Thank you so much, it was a wonderful weekend and I learnt so much – surprisingly emotional too, it felt very cathartic.
I wanted to thank you for such a marvellous course. I got so much out of it and was able to have the confidence to go a little bit further with all the things I find challenging. I love singing so much and interpreting the great songs brings so much emotion as well as bringing you close to some great people. I have always felt hampered by my lack of confidence as a relative newcomer to jazz but I gain something from each course and the skill and manner of the teaching really helped me to be a bit more daring.
Thanks for the kind comments and for all your hard work and very valuable input from all three of you this weekend. I hope it will all help to close the gap between where I am with my singing and where I’d like to be.
Thank you for the weekend, which was inspiring. I have taken many good things away from it, and although it’s too early to say how it will all impact on my singing, or my teaching, one thing I feel absolutely sure of is that it will.
I have to say that for me personally, it was the most terrifying thing I think I have ever done – and I will treasure every second of it in my mind for ever because it has changed me for ever in a way that is extremely growthful and empowering.
Thanks again for a wonderful workshop, it was really inspirational and I cant wait to to start singing again
What great teachers!
I love and look forward to spending time with you all and consider myself hugely privileged to be a participant in your workshops. I learn so much and am keen to have opportunities to put it all into practice.
Thank you both so much for all the help and support you have given me as a singer and as another human being.
You are all such inspiring teachers…